Philippine Retirement Authority and the SRRV

Retire in the Philippines With SRRV.

I just came across this information about the retirement system that the Philippines government has in place for immigrant retirees, published by the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA). The link provided below will take you to the PRA site that lists all the available options that pertain to the Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV). Remember, if you are considering retirement to the Philippines, there are several options, the SRRV is just one option (for singles or couples) that provides for special travel allowances, the ability to work, and exemptions from importation of household goods.

The Information Guide to the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) is designed as a detailed reference to assist retiree applicants in understanding the different SRRV (Special Resident Retiree Visa) options, the application requirements, the process, and the obligations of being a PRA retiree member.

(And don’t forget to return to this site for more great information about retirement in the Philippines, and more specifically, Retirement in Samar!)

Enjoying retirement!
Enjoying retirement!

4 thoughts on “Philippine Retirement Authority and the SRRV

  1. Okay, so maybe I’m confused on the processes and requirements to make our final move. I thought all I needed was to file for a Non-Quota Immigrant Visas (13-a) and the apply for an ACR I-card.

    Do I also need the SRRV card?

  2. Richie, the SRRV is only one option for immigrant retirees who might be single and want to avail themselves of the opportunity to work AND live in the Philippines. I personally did not do this because I am married to a filipina and did not need to. I hold a 13A Visa and a permanent ACR-I card, but when I travel, I must pay the exit fees. The SRRV is just that…a “Special” visa for certain individuals. Sorry for the confusion. I’ll see if I can edit this post with a simple explanation. Thanks for bringing it up.

  3. okay, I get it now, you did the 13A just as I plan, the SRRV is for those who want to live in PI w/o the married life.

    Don’t forget to update your “Official Philippines Links”

  4. Exactly. Try to get your 13A done BEFORE you come as the process is much easier, especially when it comes to background checks, and police record checks. Once you arrive and begin living here, the local National Agency Check is required and adds more to the misery. Not to mention costs more and takes longer. I will check into the official links, thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.